Flood Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick and affordable rates.
Flood Insurance Information
If you live in one of the low-lying communities of greater Long Island, then you are probably well-aware of the clear and present danger that flooding poses. Flooding could strike any home, even those that have never flooded before. You’ll need quality flood insurance to protect your property and possessions from these risks.
At Lupton & Luce Insurance, we believe that for property & casualty insurance to be perfect, it must be tailored to the policyholder. We’ll add that personal touch to policy services that you won’t get anywhere else, and provide you with the flood insurance options available for you.
Call us at (631) 727-4114 or request your free policy quote now!
Common Flood Insurance Questions
How Does Flood Insurance Work?
Water damage could occur in any home. However, your homeowners insurance does not cover damage from weather-related floods including flash floods, river swells and storm surge. Because of the high and unpredictable risks associated with flooding, you will need to look to separate flood insurance to help you cover the damage.
What Does Flood Insurance Cover?
Most flood insurance policies are provided through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which is managed by FEMA. Communities throughout the nation participate in the NFIP, and as a result their residents qualify to buy an NFIP plan.
NFIP plans are provided by major insurers throughout the U.S. They provide the following benefits:
- Structure Insurance: This coverage protects your house itself.
- Contents Coverage: This coverage insures the possessions inside your home.
Plans offer coverage limits up to:
- One- To Four-family Residential Addresses: $250,000 Structure/$100,000 Contents
- Other Residential Buildings: $500,000 Structure/$100,000 Contents
- Non-Residential Businesses and Buildings: $500,000 Structure/$500,000 Contents
There are also coverage options, such as debris removal costs, loss avoidance and cost of compliance.
Where Is Flood Insurance Required?
If you live in a designated high-risk flood zone, then you will be required to buy NFIP flood insurance if:
- You have a mortgage on your home.
- You have ever received federal funding for a disaster from FEMA or the U.S. Small Business Administration. If you do not carry coverage, then you will not qualify for benefits in the future.
Is All Flood Insurance Offered Through FEMA?
There are private flood insurance plans available. However, these are often more expensive and harder to find than an NFIP-backed policy. Still, if you have high-value assets that you need to insure, and that an NFIP plan won’t adequately cover, you might be able to find your solution in a private plan.
You may also be interested in…