Flooding is the most common natural disaster. Flood Insurance protects you from loss of home & possessions.
• Floods can occur almost anywhere at any time. You don’t need to live near water.
• Flash floods, inland flooding and seasonal storms bring flooding to every region of the country.
• Just inches of water can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage. Most homeowners insurance does not cover floods.
• Only flood insurance financially protects your home and your personal property from floods.
• A flood insurance policy compensates homeowners, renters and business owners for all covered losses, and as opposed to a disaster loan, there is no payback requirement.
• The average policy costs about $600 per year.
• Once purchased, there is a 30-day waiting period for the policy to become effective, so don’t wait to buy it! You can purchase insurance no matter what your flood risk is.
• It doesn’t matter whether your flood risk is high or low, you can buy flood insurance as long as your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program.
• You can get insurance if your house has been flooded before, and you can purchase it even if your mortgage doesn’t require it.
• People outside of high-risk areas file over 20% of NFIP claims and receive one-third of disaster assistance for flooding.
The above is meant as general information only to help you understand various insurance coverages. For detailed explanations and contract information. we encourage you to contact one of our professional counselors. Thank you.
Contact us here for more information.