The best homeowners insurance program is one that properly protects the value of your property and personal belongings, at the best cost. There are many considerations and options for your decision.
Quality policies and services
- Home/Auto account discount
- Anti-theft locks, alarm discount
- Non-smoker household discount
- Replacement cost valuation
- Personal liability umbrella coverage
- Windstorm deductibles
- Flood, earthquake insurance
- Replacement value on your home’s contents
- Coverage for collections, jewelry, silver
- Condo association master policy limit
- Water/Sewer backup coverage
- Vacant property insurance
- Additional living expense
- Home systems and service line coverage
A renter’s policy covers many of the same perils as a homeowner’s policy does for the interior of a home. This includes your personal property and personal liability in the event of an accidental injury. The landlord is responsible for damages and losses and injuries involving the building’s EXTERIOR and its grounds.
Condo Unit Owners Insurance
If you own a condo unit, you can buy a policy that generally helps pay to repair the interior of your unit and cover your personal belongings if they are stolen or damaged by perils such as fire, theft, and vandalism. It typically includes some standard coverages such as personal liability and guest medical in the event of an accident in your apartment.
Manufactured Home Insurance
Manufactured homes (aka mobile homes). Your policy will cover your home for standard perils such as fire, vandalism, theft, and may cover other physical structures that you own that are on the same piece of land but are not attached to it (such as shed or detached garage). Protection for your personal effects and personal liability is also included in your policy.
The above is meant as general information only to help you understand various insurance coverages. For detailed explanations and contract information. we encourage you to contact one of our professional counselors. Thank you.
How to file a homeowners insurance claim.